Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 4 DONE!!!

Week 4 ALL DONE!!!!

I was a bit nervous about this, but it actually wasn't too bad...
I finished on Friday...
Here's how it went down.

W4D1 went pretty well. I deliberately slowed myself down to 3.0 because I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it through the 5min runs at 3.2
Then because the week was a bit cooler, I did the whole week on my treadmill, but with my windows all open, so basically outside. I have trouble with my breathing when it's humid...nothing major, but I notice that I sweat alot more, alot sooner, and I breath harder sooner. But, I finished W4D2 on Thursday. I know I wasn't supposed to train again on Friday, but my sister was going in for a C-section to have her 1st child, and I was nervous, and figured it was much better for me to train on back to back days instead of eating a whole bag of Doritos or some other snack I didn't really need to be eating. I did have to slow down to 2.9 to get through it, but I DID IT!!!

MY NOTES FOR THIS WEEK

I was watching the clock ALOT this week, and I do think it made it a bit more difficult, so my tip would be, DON'T WATCH THE CLOCK!!! Also, its hard, but don't worry about how fast you are going, worry about wether you can make it through it. What's important is endurance, not speed. It's really hard for me to remember that, because all my other friends are several inches taller than me and running at like 5.0 so, I am constantly comparing myself...next tip...DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF. Just do the best that YOU can do...compete with yourself.

PODCASTS

Again, I found that I liked BOTH of them...I knew more of the songs, and knew them better on Carli's podcast, but I do love me some Micheal Jackson!!! So, Suz's was nice too...I like switching it up though, so it worked out well that I liked both of them...not sure what I'm gonna do next week since Suz has a seperate podcast for each day in Week 5, and Carli just has one. I know I will switch between the 2 of them, just not sure how I will do it.

I am really nervous about next week. Not too much about Day 1 and 2, but Day 3!!! 20 min straight of running??? WOW!!!
So, send me happy thoughts, and vibes and prayers!!!

Keep following my Journey 2 Fabulous...

2 comments:

  1. 20 min of straight running OMG that is crazy talk I could never do that. Good for you girl this seems like it really is working. You have been on it for four weeks right? Do you mind if I ask how much you have lost so far? I want to lose more weight before my husband comes home!!! Thanks for the update you are an inspiration to us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I haven't lost a whole lot...but, I feel really good, and I'm pretty sure I'm losing inches. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm wondering if I'm building alot of muscle...plus I'm starting to wonder if MyDailyPlate has my calories higher than I should have them...I need to start doing my measurements. I think a few of us locally are gonna start getting together once a week and weigh in and do measurements and all...should be good motivation for us....

    ReplyDelete