Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 1 Down...Again

So, as I mentioned earlier, I repeated Week 1 of training to be on the same page with one of my friends. I have completed it AGAIN!!!! YAY!!

MY JOURNEY THIS WEEK

Well...this week has been rough. Not with training but just with life in general. My epiphanies this week will include some non-training thoughts. My intention for this blog was to talk about my weightloss journey and my training. But, I have come to realize that when it comes to eating, it impacts many areas, and many areas of my life impact my eating. I emotionally eat. Therefore some extra epiphanies!

DOWN SIDES

I am having a VERY rough time emotionally lately. I have alot of things that I am having MAJOR anxiety over. I don't get Post-Partum Depression. I get Post-Partum Anxiety. I am taking control, and taking steps to make things better. My husband, my kids, my family and my friends deserve the best me I can be, and at this point, I am not that person, and I can no longer do this on my own. I am calling my Dr. and making an appointment to talk to them about puttin me back on the meds I was on after having Tristen. I Deserve to be the Best Me I Can Be!!

UP SIDES

I am at least very self aware of my emotions and my anxiety. I can recognize what it is, I just can't always control it. But, self-aware is half there!!!

I have completed my training week!!! And felt good about it!! I am REALLY getting into this!!! I can't wait for next week!!!

I LOST WEIGHT!!!!!
Weigh in: 238.2 This week's loss: 1.4 Total loss: 1.8
I can deal with that!!

EPIPHANIES

It is MUCH harder doing this while pushing a stroller!!! OMG!!! Monday, I met with some of my girls and we did our training outside for the 1st time. I of course brought my kids. My son rode his bike, and I pushed my 6mo daughter in the stroller. I'm thinking I was pushing at least an extra 20lbs. My daughter is 15lbs, and I figure the stroller has to weigh at least 5lbs. WOW!!! I did not realize how much of a difference that would make!!! Unfortunately, the 7th run I could not finish. I was trying SOOOOO hard, but it just didn't happen. The last 10ish seconds, I walked. BUT, I did do the 8th!! So, the extra weight and the extra heat, was not so much my friend. I have found out, I MUCH prefer doing my training on the treadmill at home.

I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN!!! No matter how much I may want to be. I am only one person. And yes to begin with it takes more time to tell someone how to do what I can do lickety split, but eventually it will make my life easier!!! I NEED to ask for help, and IT"S OK!!!

I NEED to get away from my kids from time to time. And, IT"S OK!!!

I quit smoking (YAY!!!) when I got pregnant, and I REFUSE to go back to it this time!! But, that also means, that when I get upset or stressed or anxious, I eat. I have had an emotionally charged week this week, and have tried VERY hard not to eat my way through it. And, since I lost weight, it looks like that was succesful, but it was not easy. My epiphanies have helped me to work some stuff out. I talk it out with friends I trust who I know will tell me straight without judging me, and talking with my husband has been helping as well. And coming to terms with the fact that sometimes, I can't do it on my own...that right now is one of those times, and that taking medicine to help me is ok...


UPDATE

We have decided on a race!!! We will be doing the Delaware Futures Race on November 6th!! Here's the website if you want to join!!!

http://www.races2run.com/2010/2010Details/11-2010details.htm#110610-Futures



So, I am proud of my progress so far. I am excited about next week!!
I will let you know how it goes and what podcast I prefer.

As always...Thanks for tagging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment