Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 1 - Down

OK, so there have been ups and downs this week! I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to, but I have accomplished something I never thought I could!

THE DOWNS
I didn't track my food everyday like I wanted to, and I didn't make the best choices towards the end of the week. It was that time of the month, and it knocked me on my butt!! I was so preoccupied with how bad I was feeling, that I didn't reign myself in in the food department. I emotionally ate. I ate to make myself feel better. Not the best choice!
I also haven't weighed myself since earlier this week. I know that doesn't sound like that big a deal, but I hate not knowing whats going on with my weight. I'm hoping the not so great choices I made towards the end of this week didn't completely screw up all the progress I made in the early part of the week.

THE UPS
I am for the most part thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm not just mindlessly eating. This is an improvement!! I am also being conscious of my water intake.
I have begun tracking my food, so considering I haven't done that in a yr+, that's also an improvement.
The BEST part??? I COMPLETED WEEK 1 OF C25K TRAINING!!!! I DID IT!!!
I almost talked myself out of the last day because I had a TON of stuff to do, but a friend of mine told me she was proud of me, and I just couldn't NOT do it!! The last day was a little hard to get through. Again, I am dealing with my little friend, so working out was not the easiest thing to do...hoping tomorrow won't be too bad.

I am repeating Week 1 of training this week. I have a friend who had started C25K a while ago, and was actually my inspiration for trying this...she injured her back and has been unable to train, but she wanted to do this with us. She just got released to start training again and so we all want to be on the same week together. So, training OFFICIALLY begins tomorrow morning!!

MY LITTLE EPIPHANY
Although, I do like Carli's podcast, I mentioned in my previous blog, I do VERY much prefer Suz's podcast(also mentioned in my previous blog). It keeps me interested the whole time. The beat is VERY fun and motivating. I may see what I think of Carli's podcast for Week 2, but for Week 1, I will use Suz's.

So, tomorrow is a new day, and a new week!!! Weigh in tomorrow and my 1st training OUTSIDE!!! I will let you know how it goes!!

1 comment: